In Class: Students will be reviewing concepts from this quarter, finishing the unit 5 test on the water cycle, and organizing and turning in their Science notebooks for a grade. A list of contents can be found in last week's post.
1. complete missing work to turn in by Wednesday.
2. Have a wonderful and safe Holiday! I look forward to seeing students again on January 5!
In Class: Students are continuing to learn about the water cycle and fresh water. There will be a test on Friday on this material, as well as a retest of Unit 4 concepts for anyone scoring below a 74% . Please check StudentVue/ParentVue for the Unit 4 test grade and current overall grade.
Homework: Please study a minimum of 30 minutes per night on new unit material and Unit 4 material if taking the retest. Students can use class notes and the resources that are below and to the right.
Play the Quizizz Game until you can make 100%. Click here then enter code 729285.
In Class: Students are wrapping up the Unit 4 study. I am postponing the test until Thursday so that we can take it in the computer lab. We will begin Unit 5 this week, the water cycle and fresh water.
Thursday- After Unit test...
1. Click the button to the right to go through the "interactive water cycle".
2. Click the button to the right that says "water cycle diagram". Fill out your diagram using this one as a guide.
3. Click the link to the online textbook. Username: student31104 password x2x7n. Go to Chapter 11, page 309 and use the diagram to complete the vocabulary definitions on the back of your diagram sheet.
Monday: Students need to finish the Earth Layers foldable/flip book tonight for homework if they haven't already. Click here for the original, and if you scroll past the directions, you will see a labeled and colored example. In addition to finding the composition, thickness, and state of matter of each layer, students need to find 2 additional facts. Click here to access the online textbook, then go to Chapter 7, Plate tectonics
The username: student31104 password: x2x7n
Tuesday and Wednesday: Study for the Unit 4 test. Use Guided notes, the textbook, and handouts to study. Links for the resources are below.
Continental Drift and Plate Tectonics notes with highlights
Inside the Earth notes with highlights
plate boundaries diagram
Unit 4 study guide-blank
Unit 4 study guide- complete (will be posted on Tuesday)
Thursday and Friday: No homework